Are you in need of sending your children on a trip alone? The ideal decision in this scenario is with Spirit Airlines. By opting for Spirit Airlines minor policy assistance, you are keeping your child’s safety rigid. So, it won’t become a matter of thinking for you as your child will travel safely and comfortably.
If you want a safe way for your child traveling, then look at this write-up. All the necessary aspects of Spirit Airlines’ unaccompanied minor policy are covered here, so pay attention to each point.
Ways to Book Flight for an Unaccompanied Minor
You may get an idea of What Spirit Airlines Minor Policy is; hence, all of you must know about the different ways you can book flight for unaccompanied minors. Here are two ways present: online and offline.
Flight Booking for Unaccompanied Minors by Online Method
It is the most convenient way to reserve a seat on the Spirit Airlines flight from the comfort of your home. Just perform some clicks, and you can complete your Flight Booking within a minute without any hassle.
But there is a procedure for this that you need to follow, and here are the steps given.
- Head towards the main website of Spirit Airlines. On the homepage, enter the necessary details like arrival destination, departure place, type of travel, and departure date.
- Now, you need to select the number of passengers; if the age of the passenger is between 5 and 14 then pick the number of children. Now, enter the date of birth to confirm the identity of the minor.
- According to the Spirit Airlines minor policy, you must pay the Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied minor charges, i.e., $100. This fee will be charged on top of the airfare.
- Explore the flights to the place you want. Then, fill in the passenger’s name as it is written on your identification proof right before the date of birth.
- You must carry valid ID proof, birth certificate, and passport to verify your identity.
- According to Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied minor policy, it is time to pay the minor fees.
- On the same day of departure, mark your presence at the airport at least 60 minutes before the scheduled departure as necessary. All the parents have to fill up the unaccompanied minor form by visiting the airport.
Flight Booking for Minors Through Calling
You can easily book flight for the minor by calling Spirit Airlines on the toll-free number present on their website. When they pick up the call, put forward your purpose of calling. Let them know the details to make a booking, provide them with the needed documents and at last make the payment of the fees. In this way, you can complete the flight booking for your minor.
A Quick Look to Spirit Airlines’ Minor ID Policy
Under the Spirit Airlines minor policy, all children below the age of 17 years and equal to that are considered minors. They are obligated to present some of the documents when they are having a trip in flight operated by them.
These documents are as follows:
- A copy of your Birth Certificate
- Valid passport issued by the government
- An identification proof with the photo verified by the government
- Student Visa if you are also taking the help of being a student.
Rules and Regulations per Spirit Minor Policy
Every policy states some rules and regulations as needed to maintain the working or impact of the policy. So, if you are taking any kind of assistance relating to that policy, you should be aware of the rules and regulations of Spirit Airlines Minor Policy.
- No minor have the right to book any International flight from or to Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands.
- Unaccompanied minors don’t have the authority to do check in through the official website of Spirit.
- Minors should complete the check-in at least 60 minutes before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- Minor from age group of 5 to 17 can check in same baggage as an adult.
- A person accompanying the child to the airport must get their gate pass from the counter and be with the minor till the gate. They need to wait in the waiting area till the flight takes off.
- After the flight departs, the parent or guardian must be at the airport for at least 15 more minutes.
- If flight have some change in their schedule then minor can’t board that flight.
An Idea of Spirit Airlines’ Unaccompanied Minor Fees
It is specified under Spirit Airlines Minor policy that they charge a minimal amount as the fee for minor traveling. With this amount, your kid will travel while enjoying the luxurious facilities and amenities.
Every parent or guardian must pay $150 per kid as Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied minor fees. Service charges and other additional taxes apply differently.
Age Limitations on Spirit Airlines Minor Policy
Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied minor policy allows all children of a certain age to travel on all domestic flights without any restriction. Besides this, there are certain other age restrictions exist under this policy that are:
- Spirit Airlines does not permit the children to travel on red-eye flights (that may hamper the cycle of sleep).
- No one (minor) have permission to fly on connecting flight operated by Spirit Airlines.
- Spirit Airlines minor policy states the denial of minors to travel on flights outside the territory of the United States.
- Minors are permitted to travel in all the flights from or to Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands.
Here is the segment representing the age restrictions introduced under Spirit Airlines minor policy.
- Children of 4 years or younger: All children of less than 4 years are not eligible to travel alone in any kind of flight. They must be accompanied by another passenger who must be 15 years.
- Children between the age of 5 to 14 years: Each minor from 5 to 14 years of age can travel alone with Spirit. Moreover, it only works for direct flights as it gets nullify in case of connecting flights.
- Children of 15 years and older: Spirit minor policy does not apply to children of age 15 years and above. The airlines will surely ask you to present some identification to prove your age. If the minor is 15 years and above and seeking this service, he or she will have to pay the Spirit Airlines Minor fees.
It is a fascinating experience to make flight bookings for minors, but it is tough. Apart from this, certain eligibility criteria and the regulations you must take care of are present. Hence, to save you from facing any hassle, we are providing here all the ways through which you can make the booking of your minor. If you are facing any issues, feel free to connect with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
All children below the age of 17 must present a copy of their birth certificate or passport to verify their identity to board the flight.
According to Spirit Airlines minor policy, you must ask for the $100 per passenger fee for a one-way trip. This fee is applicable on top of the flight airfare.
A flier must be 4 or older to fly with Spirit Airlines.